Central Catholic High School was founded in 1946 when Mt. Marie Academy (founded in 1905) and St. John High School (founded in 1925) merged to educate both young men and women.
For more than six decades, Central Catholic has strived to live its mission - to develop in our students, faith, academic excellence, leadership, and a commitment to service and social justice.
Central Catholic sits on a 65-acre campus. In 2007-08 the school completed a $3.2 million in renovations and upgrades. The old heating and electrical systems were replaced, academic spaces were vastly improved with dramatic upgrades to science and math classrooms, a graphics computer lab, art rooms, and the offices and main entrance were remolded. In addition, a new chapel was built during the 2012-13 school year and the gymnasium was remodeled in the summer of 2014. Previous projects included brand new restrooms, a new baseball stadium, and a completely renovated football stadium with an artificial turf field.
President Father Robert W. Kaylor and Principal David Oates head a faculty who dedicate themselves to Central Catholic both in and out of the classroom, providing leadership in athletic and extra-curricular activities.
A strong college preparatory curriculum is available to all Central Catholic students. Approximately 97% of each graduating class attends college. Our academic program helps students far exceed the state and national percentiles on the ACT, SAT, and AP tests.
The academic offerings are enhanced by a competitive athletic program, a music program including both band and choir, a drama department, and our campus ministry programs.